How to play Poker (Beginners)
POKER is a family of card games that combines strategy and skill. Poker games vary in the number of cards dealt, the number of shared or “community” cards, the number of cards that remain hidden, and the betting procedures. The most prominent ones being HOLDEM and OMAHA .
What’s NO-LIMIT HOLDEM Poker?
- Hold’em is the most popular of all poker variations.
- Every player on the table uses two hole cards or just even one of the hole card to form the best five-card combination with the community cards dealt face up on the board.
- There are four rounds of betting (PRE-FLOP, FLOP, TURN, AND RIVER) and any player can put all their chips in the middle at any time. That’s the No-Limit poker.
You can always double or triple the hand any time of the betting round but you might also loose completely at any time of the game unpredictable.
- If you’re looking to learn one poker game- No-Limit Hold’em would be the apt choice
What’s POT LIMIT OMAHA Poker?
In Omaha, you get four cards instead of the two as in Texas Hold’em, but you have to use exactly two of those four along with three of the community cards. The betting rounds are the same as in Texas Hold’em, but the best starting hands in Texas Hold’em – such as pocket kings or pocket aces – are not as strong a favorite in Omaha.
Most online poker rooms and live poker tours offer Pot Limit Omaha cash games and tournaments, where players are not allowed to bet more than the amount already in the pot.
- Every player on the table is dealt with 4 hole cards, faced down. After the pre-flop betting round, 3 cards of community cards are dealt face up in the board which is called, the Flop. This betting round is followed by the Turn where the 4thcard of the community card is displayed to all the players on the table.
- The final betting round is the last betting round that is called, the river where the 5thcard of the community cards is put up on the board. In every betting round each player has 4 options, to Check, Call, Bet, Raise or Fold.
- If you have a good knowledge about the betting round in Hold’em, Omaha poker is very similar to it making your way too easy to learn the process.
- As the game Omaha poker is derived from Hold’em poker, these games are very similar to one another. So mostly every Hold’em poker player find the game Omaha poker very easy to learn and play effectively.
- One of the main differences from Hold’em to Omaha poker is the number of hole cards, Omaha poker is played with 4 hole cards instead of 2 hole cards as in Hold’em. In Omaha poker, the highest hand wins but the only two cards out of 4 cards can be used to form the best 5 card combination.
HOW PLO GAME WORKS
- The only other thing you need to know regarding Omaha Rules before you start playing is that in PLO you can’t always just shove “all in”.
- The “Pot” in “ Pot Limit Omaha” refers to the maximum bet or raise you can make when the action is on you.
- The rest of the game is same as NO LIMIT HOLD’EM POKER.
- The size of the pot, which is defined as the total of the active pot, plus all bets on the table, plus the amount the active player must first call before raising.
- Royal Flush (All the same suit, sequence A♥-K♥-Q♥-J♥-T♥)
- Straight Flush (Any sequence all the same suit, for instance, 9♣-8♣-7♣-6♣-5♣)
- Four of a Kind (Four cards that are the same value, for instance, A♣-A♥-A♦-A♠)
- Full House (Three of kind and pair K♥-K♠-K♣ AND A♦-A♥)
- Flush (All the same suit 8♣-5♣-J♣-A♣-2♣)
- Straight (A basic sequence such as (6♥-5♣-4♦-3♠-2♥)
- Three of a kind (Three cards that are the same value such as A♣-A♥-A♦)
- Two-pair (Two pairs, such as 9♠-9♦ AND 5♣-5♠)
- Pair (Any pair whether it’s A♣-A♦ or 2♥-2♠)
- High Card (Whatever your highest card is A♠ or K♠)
The Basic Poker Rules
- No-Limit Hold’em is a card game. It utilizes a standard 52-card deck, can be played online and offline (live), It has elements of both skill and luck.
- It can be played by anywhere from 2-10 players at a single table. If you have enough tables and space you can actually play with thousands of players using the tournament format.
How does the Game work?
- The dealer deals everyone with two cards starting with the player on his left and ending on him/her.
The player on the dealer’s left is the first player to act and they have a choice of:
- Betting (this is No-Limit Hold’em so they can bet ANY amount they want)
- Checking (doing nothing basically)
- Fold wantedly (no risk and not interested)
When someone bet, the rest of the players have the option of:
- Calling (Putting the amount of the raise into the pot)
- Folding (Giving up the hand and all the chips they’ve already committed to the pot)
- Raising (Putting even more chips into the pot)
- From there the dealer puts three cards face-up on the board. These are community cards that anyone can use. This is called the flop.
- Once again everyone still in the hand gets a chance to bet and consequently raise or fold.
- The dealer puts the fourth card on the table that anyone can use. This is called the turn.
- Again everyone gets the chance to bet/check/raise/fold.
- The dealer puts the fifth card on the board that anyone can use. This is called the river.
- For the final time, everyone gets a chance to bet/check/raise/fold.
- Odds of winning vary by the number of players, and gameplay becomes more challenging as more players are added.
Note: for more information Subscribe to you blog – click BELL icon below